Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Weekend delish!

So if you could see my desk now...I have about 10 printed recipes on my left side and 2 shopping bags of food on my right side.


I am having my gorgeous friend from Vancouver staying with her mum and who I haven’t seen for almost 2 years. So want to make sure I make something extra delish.


Last month I perfected the art of pizza dough - ah bubbly soft crust with super crispy base - not to thin, not too fat, just right (goldy locks style). So I have a dough in the freezer that I think i will make and then I found pasticcio (like Greek lasagne). I wont be doing my Greek grandmothers pasticcio any justice, so doing one with haloumi and vege's through it. Never made it before, so hope it works ok.... And the pav I made last night, i think I will make that again - true Australian dessert. A few bottles of beautiful sav blanc and a light rocket and parmesan salad and I think I have my feast down pat.


Now onto my Shopping bags - I visited a little Asian mart during lunch and bought items I never thought to buy before:


curry cubes - has anyone heard of this? I'm yet to make it. You break off a cube and add to your meat / veges with a little water and you are supposed to end up with the most flagrant Japanese curry of your life (???)


dried shrimp - ah, this needs to go in the fridge and probably will smell when I do open it, but I found a recipe that says to use it...so watch this space I guess...


dried shitake mushrooms - apparently I haven’t lived prior to today as I have never used them before...


Thin & crispy Korean seaweed - ah YUM!!! Another discovery!!! Had lunch at a little Chinese place and my friend told me to break off bits and layer over rice and eat. Hhhhmm, not the most appetizing of ideas, but when in Rome...can I just say - heaven!


Mirin - cooking sweet sake - I have no idea what I will do with this.


Goma Shio - rice seasoning - you know those little black seeds you see on sushi...yep, now why didn’t I think of buying this before????

No comments:

Post a Comment